Visit Budget101.com


Saturday, April 16, 2011

Crazier

Things have been pretty busy around here the past few weeks. Time has flown and it hasn't always been enjoyable, but I have other things to dwell on and this is not anything to complain about. So much going on! This week we had a lot going on at work, one guy took his case to CNN and other news channels, even though it never made it to our level, it was retarded. The combat patch thing, that, the pay issue, softball, WORK! This week I had guard duty, 3 articles due, practice, a softball game, PT test the next morning, then the soldier of the month board this morning. Which, I am SO OFF MY GAME! With EVERYTHING! I am so scatter-brained at work, tired, I have not caught but like 10 balls in softball in the last week. IN THE LAST WEEK! I have been hitting like freaking Barry Bonds but catching like a 2 year old. I went to the board today and bombed that. The board told me I did excellent but I hated it, I had 3 days to prepare! They handed us a book and said, "know this". I've never been to a board. I just freaked. I didn't care until this morning because I've been so busy thinking about everything else. Oh, then I had a urinalysis this afternoon. Thank God I'm off tomorrow. I'm having dinner with my college buddy who is leaving in 5 weeks! She was my tour guide for one of my classes back when I was in school, crazy how small the world is. Frame is out on mission so I guess I'd better occupy my time. I can't wait till he's back though, God knows I need him to help me get back on my game or I'll be permanently benched. Helen had her baby and I bought him little clothes today and her and Rob giftcards for massages, I wish I were there to see the little one! Baby Rob has Red Sox clothes coming to him =) That stupid board! UGH! Its driving me crazy! Because since I didn't win the stupid thing I KNOW my MSG will make me go back. Because she thinks I nailed it, I was just a little nervous. A LITTLE?! Oh it was so incredibly bad. Sigh sigh. Ah. I can't believe they made me do that. I do not want to do that ever again. Its so dumb! I'm so over doing stuff like that, I want to be recognized for the work I actually do, not for the effort I put into making a pretty appearance for one occasion. I do see the meaning behind it but man, I think I can hone a lot more leadership skills by looking to my leaders and being handed responsibility. I'm not active duty and I'm not getting my 5 this year unless I recieve a battlefield promotion which is highly unlikely. I am so thankful for falling on my face though, well, feeling like it. Because it makes me freaking human. Good things to report, I did awesome on the PT test. Haven't done anything but softball and I got 100% on my pushups, 84% on my situps and only 70% on my run, but my max is HIGHER now even though my minimum is lower. Which means I got like 104%, 87% and 73% in my old age group. Not that that matters, but still! Do you know why that is good? I have not done one sit up since last year, one pushup since last year and only have run about 20 times since I've been here, to include these 5ks. Definitely miss working out, running mostly. Once I get organized again tomorrow I get to make my workout schedule. I've been trying to go with people but I really hate that. I just want to run and do some cross training, flexibility is what I would like to work on and speed. I am really sleepy and going to bed now though, more to follow one of these days, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment