Visit Budget101.com


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Combat Patch Ceremony

I know not a lot of people want to read negative posts. So, if that pertains to you, I suggest you skip this one. Because I am in a pretty foul mood. Today we had our patch ceremony. And, I was excited about it. Not a ton, because I'm pretty bummed about what we're doing, but I'm thankful for what we've been blessed with. Anyways, I really got upset over it. A SFC that I highly respected post a picture of our patch with an asterisk on it and tagged us newbies. Okay, I get it, its a joke, but have you ever had someone joke about something and it just get old? This was just the last straw with it. We've had so much crap about it and I'm so bummed. I can't help the mission we were placed on. I gave up my college to dig deep down for a year and really see what I was made of. That's not what I'm getting. Its frustrating, for me, not being a soldier in my own eyes. The office work, okay, at the armory fine. But here? This is what I train for. To be here with my battle buddies, to be a soldier. I can't help that my NCOIC won't let me out to go on a mission and get my feet wet. I can't help that we're stuck here doing mostly desk work. It just is really discouraging. So after the ceremony, I took my patch off and went back to work. Well then I ran into 1SG who immediately pinned me, again. And told me I'd better be wearing it. So, about 2 minutes later when I was out of his sight, I took it off again. I kind of feel like a brat, but its just not a big deal. I don't want to wear it and that's my choice. But I can't believe after all this time, wanting to deploy so badly, I have totally done a 180 from what I wanted. It is so so so disheartening. Ugh. I'm just a grouch tonight I guess. I'm sorry guys, I hope this will all pick up and you all can hear some happy thoughts soon and frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment