Visit Budget101.com


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

HOOAH

Okay, so after writing my first letter to one of my best friends going through basic, I am having QUITE the hooah moment. So I am going to get it out of my system! Haha. Its so crazy to think that just a year ago I was signed up and preparing to go to basic at Fort Jackson. I'm being such a sap right now, because all of this is just overwhelming and brings tears to my eyes! Like happy tears! In training I think a lot of things stick with you that are said because everything around you seems to be so unstable. So, one of the things said by Drill Sergeant Pabon was this,

"SOLIDERS, you think its bad now but you are in one of the safest environments right now. When you go down range, all you have is you and your battle buddies. You're fighting for the world's best army solider".

Its amazing, the evolution we go through as a person but these last 3 years have been absolutely insane. Particularly this last one. When I signed my contract I made sure I had so many things for security purposes. College first in particular. Which basically says that as long as I'm a full time college student for the first 2 years, I'm non-deployable. Now it seems like such a hassle! I have to write a letter to our Company Commander asking to let me give it up and deploy with my unit. Isn't it dumb to think I have to ask permission to do what I deem as the obvious, RIGHT thing? Basic training sucked, because I didn't have those Drill Sergeants that at the end are joking with you and taking pictures with you. They were the best, top of the line though. Seriously. I hated living with a bunch of crazy girls too, haha. AIT was amazing, I had the best cadre and they were an excellent example of the "real" army. That line of respect, but room to have a great time. Now, at my unit, it makes me feel like a kid for real to know how happy I am to be a part of that family.
We will be deploying end of this year to go down range and I am SO EXCITED. These next 2 years with my unit will be one of the best things ever. I'm going to revise my bucket list and make an "Army" section. I shall post it, eventually. Haha. I guess I'm going to get off here even though my stomach is like jumping from excitement. I literally want to run around in circles. I get this way a lot when I'm excited/happy. I think I have issues. Hahaha. I'm going to sum this up with my favorite quote from my beloved Red Sox pitcher, Pedro Martinez.

"I know I achieved a lot, and I know I have my little share of respect, but when you talk about playoffs, there is no time to be mad, there is no time to complain, there is no soreness that you can't overcome. I am going to leave my heart out there for my team."
--Pedro Martinez

Apply this to anything you do with people you care about, family, teammates, coworkers or if you're blessed like me, with your battle buddies. :)

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment