Visit Budget101.com


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wa Wa (The Charlie Brown sound) :D

Okay. So forgive me. I'm going to whine some. I KNOW I'm young. I KNOW I'm ONLY 21. I KNOW I have a lot to learn. I KNOW I have growing up to do. I KNOW I have a child-like demeanor. I KNOW. So. This is my thing. If I know all of this and accept it, why does it strike such a nerve with me when people say it? Most of the time, people who i have just met or people who don't know me very well. i just look around and it seeems that the people I encounter and point out my lack of years of living either 1)Hold it against me or 2) make it their sole reason for talking to me, (example: creepy old men who think because I'm friendly that automatically means I want them bad. Or better yet, I want to see their tattoos. NO.)
So I guess I already know the answer to my dilemma. Be who you are, don't let people discourage you. But its like I have to work twice as hard to get people's approval and/or respect because I'm happy. I just see no reason to really sweat something that is over me. I mean, the Bible says to cast all your cares on the Lord because HE cares for you. And it deliberatley tells us, as humans, not to worry. Not that that is always achievable but I have come to learn over the past few years that it is a sign of faith, letting God handle business. Don't get it twisted, i'm not saying be a bum cause Jesus has got you. What I'm SAYING is you do what you're capable of, always be pushing yourself. Go BEYOND what people think is possible or deem you capable of, but let God handle your stress. Say a prayer, "Father, I know I jacked up, I am aware that I have fallen yet again. But my heveanly Father, I give this to you, you knew I would fall and for good reasons I did. You are working in me through this mistake". And then, pick your happy butt up and move on. Carry yourself with the highest regards, but never put yourself above anyone. Because as you have been blessed with power, you can be cursed with failure.
So yes. I am happy. Overly excitable. Naive. Stubborn. I AM. I KNOW. But, I'm okay with that. Because even though it kindda knocks the wind out of me, it gives me all the more the reason to prove someone wrong. Show them I am so much more than they think. All that matters is that I am SO READY to really learn and listen. i have my reservations, but it doesn't mean I will be narrow-minded. YO SOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment