Visit Budget101.com


Monday, April 19, 2010

LWRFC

This is going to be a selfish post, just warning you. For the last 2 years I have been learning rugby and playing it. I'm sure you all know this by now to say the least. I used to play for Lee University and due to what I wanted I can't play for them this semester. I have to be a full time student at Lee and I chose to do online classes through another school so that I couldn really get involved in my Army life for the time being. And its not that I regret this decision, its been a very important part of who I am, its just the circumstances really suck. My old teammates just got back from NATIONALS. Yes, NATIONALS. This is their 2nd year in the Matrix and they ended the season ranked #11 in the country. Truely an accomplishment, I won't get into the details of the hows or whys. Its disheartening to me to know that I haven't been there to give it my all. Because that team means the world to me. Our coach, how we learned, what we did as a team together. You hear frequently that you have special relationships that form when you are a part of a team. But these girls are truely a class of their own. The best team ever. Literally, EVER. I can't explain why it is but they are so incredibly different from any other group of people. It really shows that all the hard work and dedication payed off. Even though I know God has his ways and does everything for a reason, it is really hard to sit and understand why Anna and myself were not fortunate enough to be a part of such a phenominal journey. We helped build that team from the bottom up and I have no qualms about other new girls enjoying that, I just do not understand why I haven't been there to shine with them and support them. I learned so much more than rugby and I still look for what I had when I was a part of that team. So again, I know this is a selfish thought because almost all my dreams for that team has come true I just wish I could be there for it. I think its time to pick myself up and put a smile on and be proud. And leave it to God. Hard to do. But, I have to worry about what I am a part of and not what I'm missing out on. In due time, I will be blessed with exactly what I need in everyway. Thanks my girls for changing my life. I love you all more than you know =)

No comments:

Post a Comment