Visit Budget101.com


Monday, May 24, 2010

Claseeeeee

I'm in class right now. I am aware that I should be paying attention, blah blah. Whatever, I haven't thus far and today will not change that. This stuff is mindless. SO onward!Fort Devens has been really different. My roommate is fantastic, sad she won't be sticking around for phase 2. My battle buddies in my class are so much fun, they are really hard on me but in the best spirit possible so I definitely feel blessed to be learning from a really good (mostly) group of NCOs. There are the ate-up ones though. The ones that you go, "how in the WORLD do they function in the regular world, let alone the Army?" The instructors are great, really care that we get this material. But now the cadre, for real a bunch of Drill Sergeants. We've been smoked, we have inspection every morning, class until at least 5pm every day and have to march, call cadence, structured PT. Before you jump your gun, I KNOW I joined the Army, I KNOW this is how the Army is. But let me just say that when you are on a reserve post smaller than the neighborhood I grew up in and on the Reserve/Guard side they're so slack. Aside from that, this isn't a leadership school, its a reclass school. I was really annoyed at first because a sergeant I work with recently returned from the same school (different location) and his slow ass didn't have to do anything. Geesh. Oh well. The big thing is another sergeant I work with lowered my expectations, kept telling me, "oh you'll have tons of freetime, they're so nice and its laid back." Uhhhh. Now, I'm ok with it. Mostly because they gave us Friday night and most of Saturday off. Its pretty crazy here most of the time. As in, something is ALWAYS ate up, delaying the class. So it moves sooooo slowwwww and I have too much energy to sit here and burn my eyes out of their sockets by listening to someone read from a book. Its hard to understand because to me, it SEEMS really self-explanitory, but I guess its not for everyone. Patience, I am learning patience. Lol. I am stuck at squad leader. Which is fine, but the fantastic E7 infantryman Sergeat Dionne kills me. Haha, he doesn't cut me any slack and I don't mind being in charge, its just I don't want to feel like as an E3 I'm offending anyone and their rank. My squad is fantastic about it but I tell you what, some other squads have some fiesty females quick to point out my rank, regardless of what it is I am told to do. Geesh. People are so sensitive. MAYBE I was just directed to tell you something? Don't believe me, take it up to the next step. People are so sensitive. Lol. Now for the good stuff, no more whining. I'M GOING TO FENWAY THURSDAY!!!! With one of my best friends, Scottie. He taught me rugby and so much more, we were close friends in college and we had a group that we all did things together all the time. Well, he graduated college and moved back home to CT. He's about 2 hours away and his bday is coming up so I'm very excited to be getting him a ticket to a game with me. Only he won't let me pay for it! Oh well, I'll win. But, aside from my family and one other person, there is no one I would rather catch a game with. Thats my buddy. So yea, I'm excited. I miss my friends at home, I really wish I could share this with them but its been easier knowing there is a time for everything and when I return there is plenty of time and fun to be had. But, I'm still going to miss certain people because they won't be around as much anymore. Hopefully, this means that time will just be even better since it won't be as often. Welp, nothing much else to say except that I am way sleepy everyday! 5am wakeup is gayyyy! A goodnight always helps though =)

No comments:

Post a Comment