Visit Budget101.com


Sunday, May 9, 2010

Turning Point

Let's see, I'm sick and can't sleep. Perfect time to reflect. Haha =)
I keep referring back to these last few weeks I feel like and I am doing it yet again. It has been a rollar coaster and overall, fun. Because even through the not so awesome times I realize that I have been getting to the core of what life is about and just living it. Even though I hate negative emotions and blah blah, I realize that the good isn't so good without experiencing the bad. I still remember back in August, which was not but a few short months ago, coming out of all this initial Army training and making a promise. A promise that I shared with my friends and we started a campaign. The Best Year Ever. Brad even so cleverly nicknamed it B.Y.E. haha =) Its not even over yet and I can say that it has been one of the best years of my life. I have experienced everything that I love in life and more. Traveling, spending time with family and friends, learning all kinds of amazing things and still finding a routine in it all. To me, the craziest part is that the people who I made this promise to (Brad, Ben, Derek, Nathan, Brian, Deanna, Delaney and Lins) were only a small part of this year thusfar. We had so so SO many good times but once I got to my unit, I became really attatched to the people there because they obviously understand Army life in a way that you really can't unless you're a part of it. Looking back, it really sucks that I haven't spent nearly as much time with Ben and the others because their friendship ment the world to me, as it still does. I have yet to accept the fact that people grow apart and go their own ways sometimes in life. I always have struggled with this because I feel like there can be so many different layers to who I am and that I can mantain friendships, no matter where my path in life may take me. Both could be wrong statements but I think the biggest thing is that it takes 2 people to maintain a relationship of any kind and if both of us get caught up in the here and now, we put that friendship on a back burner until it gets to the point of fizzling out. So sad to me because Ben to this day had such a huge impact on my life. I miss him so much and our random texts to one another aren't the same as our 3am car rides getting lost in the middle of no where. Well that is some of the downside of life at the moment but there is lots of good as well. I just wanted to say that while I was thinking of them. I miss you guys, and I love you soooooo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment