Visit Budget101.com


Thursday, March 3, 2011

Counterpart

Well I worked with my lunatic counterpart again today. 6 days in a row of his craziness. And when I say craziness I do mean insane. HE THINKS HE GOT ABDUCTED BY UFOS!!! Not once, but TWICE. Ugh. So now that I've discredited my counterpart, let me speak about my job which, really isn't a lot. He told me at the beginning of the RIP/TOA that what they tasked me with really doesn't require but about one hour a day of work. Okay, I'm irritated because I'm worried I'll just have to be at work for no reason. But after figuring out some options today, I feel somewhat better about it. I actually got to do some of the packets today and briefed my Major, who, is awesome. Well doing these packets today I realized how completely unorganized this guy is and even some of his command. Seriously, this job for me will be nothing, I'm organized and can get it knocked out quick. Get this, his Brigade Commander will not allow the brigade staff to call the battalions! Because he apparently doesn't think its their job and wants to correctly utilize his chain of command. Okay, got it. To a degree. If my battalion keeps telling me the unit won't submit what they need or whatever and the BN isn't breathing down their neck enough thats when we as a brigade need to come down hard on a unit. Not to mention sometimes when you play the game of "telephone" things get lost in translation at times. And what if the BN is out doing something and I need an answer RIGHT NOW? Sometimes its just easier to get to the root of a problem when you nip it in the bud. Maybe if that O6 wasn't so worried about having a pissing contest, he wouldn't have so many things pending. Efficiency. Geesh. But yea, my counterpart is sloppy and confused and Revitzer and I will totally make this a better system.
As for what I decided to do to tie up all my free time at the office, I'm going to just see if I can do Correspondence Courses and definitely some college. I may just go to OCS if I get those last 8 hours. Who knows? I am just sooo sick of being a "dumb E4". Not that I really think anyone who knows me completely believes that, but I definitely hate having to constantly prove myself, work my way up to more responsibilities and show new people that I am efficient. And its not that I want to be in charge of people. I just don't like to be babysat and I know I can handle the responsibility of a job and not busy work or a small task. I'm also kindda good at revising and being thorough. That reminds me, think I'll do some research now. Oh! One more alibi for that last little bit, we recently have had 3 LTs get promoted and 2 of them gave me their old rank for good luck/motivation. Awwww =)

No comments:

Post a Comment