Visit Budget101.com


Monday, March 7, 2011

Settling In

Okay, I have had some REALLY crazy dreams the past few nights! And I'm just too darn lazy to go into detail. Aside from sleeping, everything else is a really hum de dum routine I am settling into. Sleep is just hard because I'm a light sleeper. And its been FREEZING in here! I bought another blanket so hopefully I will sleep better tonight. We haven't had a day off, but its really not been bad. We've been playing softball the past few nights and it has been sooo much fun. Ijust absolutely adore baseball/softball. Rugby I miss greatly though. Ran my second 5k Friday morning. Beat my time by 14 seconds. Not terribly happy about it, but hey, big improvement.


2 of my beloved LTs and I after race #1


I have to do laundry tomorrow. It piles up so quickly, even wearing the same pair of FRACUs for 2 or 3 days, those tan tshirts and socks and workout clothes just fill up sooo fast! I am dying for my black box to get here so I can get organized. I started setting up my desk today! Our counterparts are still here, but for the most part they never come in the office. I think the guy left me that stuff on his desk but I feel weird just putting it elsewhere because what if he wants some? So, its just sitting on my desk in a corner. Our tents are sooo on a slope so I need to get a rug or something to prevent rolling into Walker and Cannon. Haha. I enjoy our office. I still wish our E7 would take some initiative rather than just waiting for MSG to tell us something. Hopefully it will get better. I've come to realize that the brigade is sooo wrong in so many ways but its easily forgotten when I hang out with some of them and focus isn't how jacked up the brigade is. Its a huge difference when I hang out with my LTs (they are VERY upset with the way things are going, understandibly so) and when I just go play ball with some of the guys and gals. Not big on the drama. So, while I can learn a lot from the LTs, I will take their pearls of wisdom and PT with them, but try to keep the negative energy away from my mind.
I was thinking about it today, and even though we haven't been here very long at all, I really already feel changed. I have been coping well, haven't been sad at all, just annoyed more than anything, but I really have seen how awesome life will be for me. Things like this, a "deployment" are just the nature of the beast. I'm grateful for all of this. I talk to these people who have been here for 4 years now and its crazy. This is their world. Shoo.
I also got to go to the hospital today! I was being a battle for a friend and
I am still a loser. I just love hospitals. If I were doing that, I could so stay here for 4 years. Just some food for thought. Thats all I have for now =)

No comments:

Post a Comment