Visit Budget101.com


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Open Up Your Eyes And You Will See

My counterpart is an idiot, once again. I asked for an SOP or an AR or a Policy Letter or SOMETHING to reference once he left and guess what? He has nothing. Of course he doesn't. What a nut. The good news is I briefed my Major today and him and the MSG are completely tracking what a dick up this guy is so we're in the works of doing something about it. As in, getting me some references to build my SOP or just letting me create my own. HA. That would actually suck. We shall see. I've gotten my desk pretty much set up. Just basically need a desk calender or something. And to hang some pictures up. I've made soooo many charts and tables and rosters and everything is so much more functional than what he had going on, so I enjoy that. Aside from the majority of my day arguing with him and cleaning up his messes, I still don't have much to do at work. Its a blessing, I realize, just not used to it. And it really makes the days go by slow. My SFC is ridiculous. He makes us sit from 8 am until about 1730 everyday and is starting a PT program for us to do. And by PT program I mean in APFUs, doing lame military workouts. I suggested playing a game or going to a class together as a section, but no. We're just going to do pushups. I even suggested doing pushups and situps during the games or something. We could make this fun and competitive, why are people so lame and miserable? Geesh. I hope I never get that way. I guess its hard for me to understand him because 1)We have nothing to do all day...he won't even let me go to the Education Office! 2) As far as PT goes, only Ledford has failed his PT test, the rest of us passed 3)He's an E7 in the Guard so he really hasn't had much being in S1 or in charge of soldiers and its like hes afraid to make a decision 4) He just isn't personable or out to really look out for his troops. He's a nice old man just UGH! He's a real morale killer, haha, best way to put it.
My Becky came back from her first mission today! I'm so jealous, she has got the best job. She's stressed about it at times, but its absolutely amazing, actually being a soldier and not a paperpusher. I just try to remember the people on the receiving end, the ones actually out there fighting, need this dumb paper pushed. Can't wait to do some real stuff.
I've still been having these crazy dreams, they're either really depressing and bother me or they are really crazy good and I wake up and realize its soooo unattainable. Like dreams about living on an island and being a doctor and everyone I love there and just, happy. Its very naive sounding, but I just wish I could give others my happiness sometimes. Because then they're easier to deal with and everything is just so smooth and people are enjoying life. Because thats what its about! Thats how it SHOULD be. Most of the dreams are very scary though. Fighting and best friends dying. And puppies dying. Lol, sounds funny but I had a dream my dog died! Well, it was the dog in my dream. It was sad! I have little to complain about though, its just bad dreams. I'm going to figure out something fun to not feel so worthless around here. I'm going to order some painting stuff this next week and make some boy build me an easel at the woodshop. Haha. Oh and our blackboxes should come within 2 weeks! That will REALLY cheer me up.
I've been looking at my wall locker and its just not cutting it. I can stay organized but if I'm in a rush, I mess it up. Because you have to move one thing to get to another and what not. I think I have a solution though so I'll just have to give it more thought and work on it. I'm determined to make this place home...ish.
I received a REALLY cool magazine on backpacking/hiking from a friend and I am just enthralled. Sooo cool and just pretty and really refreshing. I wish I had some friend who was good at that and could show me the ropes. I've lost touch with a lot of my civilian friends due to this Army stuff the past year and a half. Its a bummer. And then I had a falling out with a fairly close friend that could have shown me a thing or two when I returned. Its just not worth it though, I think its a huge character flaw if you're not a loyal friend or you pretend to be someone you're not. Not in a good way, just hiding your intentions, I don't want that kind of stuff in my life. And if it means digging thorough a pile of rocks to find a few friends that are "gems", then it is well worth my time and effort. I'm sure one day all this will pay off, like, maybe I'll get some patience! Another rambling post, my apologies, but, that is what's on my mind guys =)

No comments:

Post a Comment