Visit Budget101.com


Friday, March 11, 2011

Rainy Days

This weather here is so gross! Its been sooo sunny and seriously in 10 minutes flat the sky turns black. All day we were out in formation and it was BEAUTIFUL! Which, today was a very important day. I wish I had some pictures to post but these things I have to keep in my memories because I am not authorized to walk around taking pictures as I normally would. We officially took over today. It was cool, glad to get rid of these guys and start taking charge. I'm not much of one to sit back and watch, I like to be in the action. I've had a fair amount of trouble out of my battalions. I've really had some issues getting what I need and its frustrating to know that I'm right but to prevent confrontations, we just let it go. Which, to me, just reenforces to the unit that I really can't tell them what to do. Without going into too much detail, I have 2 soldiers who are completely unaccounted for. They are back in the states but still on our books and being tracked at a place that they possibly haven't been at for almost a month. When you're assigned to a hospital you have orders that assign you to the med hold or orders releasing you from the med hold. The battalion PROMISED they would have the orders showing their location for me by Wednesday and I even gave them a few days and called today. And all I got was "we're waiting on orders". NO, you're not! Call the rear det and tell them to contact the soldier and find out where they are!!! Its a REQUIREMENT that when a soldier returns to the states that the parent unit rear detachment keeps accountability of them. Why is this okay to just sweep under the rug?! Its mostly frustrating because I'm not stepping out of my lane or asking for too much. Stop being lazy and pick up the phone. It is too early for such petty bullshit! I just can't believe a full bird colonel refuses to sign paperwork to release a soldier from theater because hes "sick of it". So does that mean its okay for them to get combat pay when they're assed up in the states for months?! That was the old commander, not mine. He refused to sign anymore packets and as a result these soldiers remain on the books until that colonel signs paperwork to officially release them, regardless of where they are. That is the current frustration at work. And I pray pray pray it gets better, because I'm really sick of being so strung out over something so petty. Just submit the paperwork the way I ask and in a timely manner and call it a day. If you can't do something, call for guidance or give me a reason why. Good God. Thats why we're supposed to work together.
I'm pretty bummed because we haven't been able to run or do anything outside the past few days. Still on the hunt for a gym buddy, we're just working sooo late its hard to do. Tonight, I am going to devise a plan. I am missing my "me" time and at the gym with a battle is as close as I'll get to it here.
Things will get better because I will make them better. In the mean time, gotta deal with it. Sorry for the bitchy blog y'all, be more cheerful than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment