Visit Budget101.com


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Love Surprises

Well! The last couple of days have just been full of surprises! I have had some Easter Bunny Wannabe hiding Easter Eggs all over my desk when I'm out and leaving presents with them. Its funny but driving me crazy! I have a feeling I may never know. Lets see, I've been smoked quite frequently in my AO. Because my leaders have discovered the pushup/crunch challenge thingy. We had a shakedown in the barracks and I went dumpster diving today. No, REALLY. We had an absolute fucking retard do something very stupid and thats all I can really say about it. Everything was found and is in the process of getting resolved. Please don't fail me now Chain of Command. Then again, I shouldn't hold my breath. I had lunch with our Brigade Commander today, he is a hoot. Crazy man. He calls me sunshine, Frame passed that one along to him and every time I go to the command tent, its a mix of "hey bubbles!" and "hey sunshine!" One of our Sergeant Majors dubbed me "bubbles" many moons ago. Well, about a year ago, but it seems like forever ago. Lets see, what else...? OH! I had a talk with our softball coach and HE initiated it. After telling Frame everything, I was really on the fence about what to do and my coach, he just blew me away. The talk went extremely well and I feel bad for never believing the things Frame said. So. Went REALLY well and I am glad I decided to not punk out with softball. Someone punked my desk today. I know who but I won't call him out (cough cough REVITZER). I have pictures on my wall by my desk and other little things, like letters the cousins sent and funny things my friends make and leave on my desk. Well, I looked up to find 2 pictures. Granted, I have no idea how long they had been hanging there but it was funny. One if the pictures was of a bunch of bridesmaids in cleats. Let me explain. My LTs are 2 silly little boys trapped in the bodies of important...ish Army officer bodies. They always tease me because I love sports so much and they, obviously, never really see how I normally dress. But they see all my pictures of me in my "normal" clothes and say that I'm a man who likes to cross dress because no girl loves sports and dresses that much unless they're a drag queen. Good observation, but SO WRONG. So that picture was up there to represent my bridesmaids attire at my future wedding. (Doesn't that mean finding a decent man first? JUST sayin.) The other was of a bride with a softball glove on her hand and wearing cleats, sitting on the steps of something and she was looking up into the sky. The little bubble that they drew over it said, "I miss Frame!!!" Hahahaha. Funny ones, aren't they? Next little silly story of the day. There is a SGT from one of our Battalions. And he is cute. Okay, very attractive. But he seems dumb as bricks, per the usual. Anyways, SGT Denham, who sits next to me, knows this because I always say, "ooo, is SGT Pugh coming to pickup packets today?!" Haha. Well, he ratted me out to one of the LTs and LT King came up to me and said, "Hey, did ya get a good look at SGT Pugh today?" I immediately got on to Denham for passing this along to King, because now I will be forever harassed. Anyways, we all go to the chow hall for dinner and I decide I want an ice cream cone, I don't like sweets all that much and I wanted one so I sprung to get one tonight. Of course, sitting at a table full of sex-deprived men warrants for some inappropriate comments to get made about my dessert of choice. Anyways, one LT to my right says something we start to laugh and the LT to my left goes, "hey! there's that guy!" and points to a guy walking right and I do mean RIGHT beside our table...its SGT Pugh. Of course. So, between what was just said about my licking my ice cream cone and SGT Pugh walking by, it was too much. I started laughing so, I mean SO hard. We all did. I kept eating my ice cream cone until SGT Pugh was away so that it wasn't so obvious that he was the topic of some supper conversation. Well, THAT didn't go as planned because since SGT Pugh stared at me the whole time until he walked around the table, the guys made even MORE inappropriate comments, "Oh! Oh! OH! You reeled him in with that lick you've got going on! He's gonna be one lucky man!" Only it was a million times worse. I was blushing and laughing, they were rolling with laughter. A table full of 7 guys and myself, all in tears and red-faced from laughing so hard. Poor SGT Pugh, there's no telling what he took away from all of that. And boy, do I have some explaining to do. Andddd it carried on into the evening when one of the guys continued to harass me on Facebook. I swear I'd kill them if they weren't so funny and always looking out for me. I really would. Anyways. That was my silly past two days, full of boring work and pleasant surprises. I haven't run in two days, Baird wants to kill me. But he didn't want to run last night and I did so we're evening. Looks like after softball I need to hit the track hard. Or maybe I will before he gets off work that way I can still catch dinner chow. We shall see. I hope everyone has equally entertaining people they see that can keep them going. Its those losers that keep my head above water sometimes it seems. I am rather appreciative of them though =) What keeps you guys going? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment