Visit Budget101.com


Thursday, May 12, 2011

Stuff...And Stuff

I have found that I have a hard time coming up with names for post sometimes. I like for them to be clever, but well, lets be honest, I'm not always so clever. Haha. Shelby is back, Shelby is back! She walked into my office with 2 weapons and 7 full magazines of ammo in her arms and I attacked her. I don't think I've been so excited to see someone in a while! Its just so nice to have someone around who understands you and thinks like you, because then, you don't feel so crazy, ya know? I feel like I can make sense of a lot of things with good people on my side. And Shelby is so good people. I've come to be somewhat of a Negative Nancy...shocking, I know! You guys are probably like, "ummm, hellooooo, saw this already!" But something that aggravates me is that a female medic who is ALWAYS bitching about going out on missions (hello, you're job), complaining about the brigade and how she isn't reenlisting and can't wait to get out, had this facebook status today, "the true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him but because he loves what is behind him! or her." Really? What a hypocrite. Oh and of course, in true 230th fashion, EVERYONE changed their status to that. Originality truly has no place in the Army. I need a new drive and I need to get back to more optimism. But I'm trying to make the best out of a bad apple of a deployment and I just don't know how. I can't dive into my work and learn anything because my NCOICs have assigned me so little, so that takes away my growing opportunity. I've had a lot of problems with how fairness and punishments are displayed here, so that is sucking my passion for the Army out of me. The only thing I can think of is right now I have 3 great people who are in my life and trying to do the same thing, self-improvement. And they are struggling too. But we are all finding out what the niches are for us. Ah, sounds like a near beer and cigar Saturday night convo along with Bairds wild stories until Frame returns to top Baird's stories. Those boys. Gotta love them. Has anyone really felt they were dealt a bad hand of cards, so to speak, and it turned out totally different than what you thought? For better or for worse? These are the things I'm considering. I need some good NCOs, I have them, they just don't seem to have any viable answers. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment