Visit Budget101.com


Monday, January 24, 2011

Albert Einstein

I hate being sick. And I HATE being sick away from home! You have no one to take care of you, you can't sleep in your own bed and there's just no comforts of your own home. Not to mention its impossible to find good soup around here! I have been extremely OCD since I've been here. Some people might say its overboard, but when you live with like 31 other people in the same room, its definitely not. Especially with all these vaccinations and whatnot. I have been eating an orange at EVERY meal, cloroxing the shower before and after, washed my sheets 4 times since we've been here, washed and sanitized my hands like crazy and I still got sick. I heard a little talk from some of the workers out here and also Chief and I talked about it. There was one worker who told me she worked out here for 3 years and was always sick with sinus infections, getting nosebleeds, etc. Well, she said within 30 days of her moving back to Bliss she was back to normal and not sick all the time. She said during WWI and WWII they tested a lot of things out here and its in the sand. And sure enough, ole Albert Einstein himself was housed out here. They even tested the first nuclear bomb here! So, its in the sand. This is why I buy that. I have had my allergies bothering me a little but nothing big. Well, the last 3 days I have been outside training all day and I woke up and I knew I was sick. Normally, when I go outside, I feel better. I tend to have indoor allergies. Anyways, got some medicine...honestly can't tell a difference =( Mostly I've just been tired today. So gay.

I did go and test my gas mask today and then Shelby and I went to Bliss for some errands. I have to do a class online tonight because I'm tied up with section training. I'm super excited about that though! Our section is hands down the best. They managed to get me out of CQ AND have a bus reserved just for the 9 of us all week. Oh! And I got a package today from my beyond cute cousins. They're the best!

I'm sitting in the barracks and these girls are practicing for boards...for E3 to E4! Really?! Its silly, good for them though. Good for ANYONE, mind you. But still crazy. They don't even board E3s on Active Duty! Speaking of, I'm thinking about going Active...again. But, I still don't think its for me. I really want to finish my college and be a doc. Being an officer Active Duty wouldn't be as bad and I'll have to if the Army pays for my Med School.

These girls! Singing the Army song. This is insanity. Haha. Oh! One last thing. Next week during our exercise, CPX love will be there, apparently they are still playing with us. Coolness!

No comments:

Post a Comment