Visit Budget101.com


Thursday, January 13, 2011

Western America!



We moved about 40 minutes away from our other barracks and out to a training site close by...there is NOTHING out here! Seriously its craziness. I have internet in the barracksnow...cost me 62 dollars for 30 days! But, oh well, I know I am doing my best to keep everything updated and really track this adventure. Super exciting, I just dread the day I get sick of it and want to go home. I know I will miss things but I just can't put into words how much I just love this.


Unpacked and set up my bunk, doesn't look too shabby! But, its definitely not my cute little house or my bed. THAT is what I miss! Haha. Tonight we draw our weapons and they are ours for the next year or so. Yuck. Its a real pain, but part of being in the Army. I want to go and buy some new running shoes and sunglasses tonight. We're not supposed to wear contacts but I figure some sunglasses will help protect from the dirt. Because, I struggle to see in my glasses. Well, not really but its definitely not clear like my contacts.

Chlo bird got her braces on today and sent me a picture, she looks DARLING! Lets see, its REALLY cold here, the wind chill really keeps it a lot colder even though its "63" HA! Feels like 40! But we got issued these AMAZING jackets and they are sooo much better than the fleece. I really like them. I need to get some hand creme, they are really dry from washing them so much. That and Vitamin C, I don't want to be sick. I actually just bought cocoa butter but its awful, my hands smell like cake and its just too much.


I imagine our Middle Eastern destination will be very similar geographically to this place. You can see sand for miles and it just feels so exposed around here. Well, thats all I have for now, I'm going to run and wash my hands...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment