Visit Budget101.com


Monday, January 3, 2011

Talk To The Rain, Talk To The Sky, Talk To The Man With The Reasons Why and Let Me Know What You Find


Busy day! Well, FEELS like it was busy. Trying to keep up and get on this thing as much as possible, so here it is! I was my pretty little house most of the day, preparing my black box and other things to get ready to leave for a year. Really, really, REALLY anxious. All totally normal emotions, I realize, but its just really hard to explain. Everything is pretty surreal right now. An NCO sent out a facebook message to those of us deploying, I can feel it...everyone can. Its so awesome to know that while our unit tends to be incredibly jacked up at times, we really are all in the same boat and can feel the emotions running.

I ran to Wally World and got some stuff to pack to send to Iraq and I had lunch with Beth and her dad, Bill. We went to Soups On which is one of my favorite restaurants here. Really a great place. I told Rod that we were leaving for deployment on Saturday and he about freaked out. Haha. It was really sweet, he gave us free cupcakesand got my e-mail and gave me his card to stay in touch. He even talked about sending us some stuff over there. Man, if I can get Soups On in over there, whats the point in coming back?! Haha, kidding. Obviously I wish a safe return for all the troops serving our country, myself included.

My cupcake, incredible,
but I just don't like sweets
all that much, so I didn't
finish it all. Its was
"Creamy Coconut"

Not a whole lot to say other than that, I have some friends that invited me out tonight but I just can't bring myself to go. Really not feeling it, my mind and my focus really is elsewhere, I'm ready to do this. And drawing it out with sappy goodbyes is not what I have in mind. I had a blast out last Thursday with Eric and Thomas so I guess that was my send-off. May do dinner tomorrow with some others, they're talking about doing a goodbye thing. Idk...all so silly and emotional.

Still have had medical stuff heavy on my heart. I have been thinking about how badly I want to be a part of that. I can't think of anything else I want out of life. Hmmm. I just love it! Welp, back to laundry and workin till I get tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment