Visit Budget101.com


Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Words Can Be Daffodils Or A Fire In An Open Field"

I'll get the current gripe out of the way first. Okay. So we were told what rooming would be like over there. For my rank, E4 and below, we're in an open bay separated by 4 man cubicles. The whole bay is controlled by one light switch. Before I complain, I KNOW I'm an E4 and I understand that I get the scut of the room assignments. Understand. THATS not my problem. My problem is that there are NO E4s and below that would make halfway decent roommates. Maybe one. But, uh, hello thats two other people to make my life miserable. I hate roommates. I've lived with them for 3 of the 5 years I've lived in TN. And, while someone can make a great friend, LIVING with someone is so different. Guys are excusable, disgusting girls are not. Absolutely not. I don't see the problem with living with someone higher ranking as long as you both want to and its in your chain of command. I can put up with anything all day long. ANYTHING. As long as I have some space and a nice place to come back to. Living with my last roommate I really blocked what I hated out. I just would work and either come home and stay in my room or just go somewhere and not come home until I absolutely had to. Anyways. I don't know what to do about this room roster. Because my options suck and I am so so so upset about it. I hate living in this bay as it is! People are just so incredibly gross and inconsiderate. Ugh. =( Done whining now.

Yesterday I worked in the TOC all day, had lunch with Becky, worked more, then ran with her and we went to dinner. We ran out of hot water but I don't really care, because while it sucks, at least we have water. Some people are going to use baby wipes and wash their hair in the sink until they fix the water on Tuesday. Um. NO! So gross! I will be taking a cold shower.

Today I'm going to work on some other training I have and do some stuff for the commander that he asked me to do. And run and clean my weapon since I'm turning mine in Monday for the CTE. Which, I am SO EXCITED FOR! I love section training. And I really hate having nothing to do. So, good stuff.

Main goal for these next few days is to get to bed earlier, I think I have found a way to get around these loud people, get into more of a schedule and get organized! They FINALLY released our new packing list so I can get rid of a lot of junk! Yayyyy. My wall locker has stayed organized but its been a REAL pain to have to go around somethings I don't need and to put them back. Oh and getting over this last bit of sickness. Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment