Visit Budget101.com


Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's...Obviously

Let me just start off by saying this, I never and I mean NEVER make New Year's Resolutions. No particular reason that I don 't my mindset is just pretty simple: "Let's make this year better than the last!" Excellent, still want to do that but I think maybe putting somewhat specific goals down will definitely help things in perspective. SO. Here's a couple of things I would like to improve:

1)Rather than being so reflective at times, I would like to really be more of a forward thinker. Striving more for what I want and less of what I miss. Life changes and there are reasons for it.

2)Be more picky. I'm quick to open up and befriend almost anyone. And, while that at times is an admirable thing, I really want to be pickier about who I draw close to me. I just think it really says someone is important to you when you're choosy about who you let in.

3)Stay organized, especially with finances. Since I moved in on my own again, keeping the living area organized isn't hard...at all. And with the finances, been doing that the last 5 months or so, still room for improvement but I've put a lot more thought into where my money is going and boundaries are easier to keep. Its been pretty smooth sailing which makes things much less stressful.

4)Complete decorating the house. SO EXCITED! I am building a picture book of what I want. Even though I'm renting, I know from past experiences how much a comfortable home affects everything. When I return from Iraq I want my focus to be school and a comfortable place to sail in and out of with little chaos to distract me. A functional home is crucial, for me anyways.

5)FITNESS. This year has been awful. With all our training, running just is boring at times. I'd really like to get into rugby again when I return and do some fun classes like yoga or kickboxing or join a running club.

6)Learn as much about the medical field as possible. Again, definitely been doing this anyways but I want to keep it up so that when I return to school some of this can just be a review. Its not a matter of memorizing it for a test, I have to know this stuff and continuously learn so that I can help others all that I can.

7)WORK ON MY SPANISH. I miss it, another important aspect for me in my career goals.

8)Spend more time with family. Sometimes its so easy being still "wet behind the ears" so to speak with living my own life. Its really refreshing that for the past 5 years I've not had to report to someone and ask permission for petty things. But, my family loves me and they are an important part in my life because they made me who I am. Spending time with them will never let me forget where my roots and my heart came from.

9)Be a better friend. Karma definitely exists. For whatever reason you may believe, be it the universe, the gods, THE God, mother nature...whatever, when you bless others, blessings fall upon you. But most of all, when and if things ever go sour in a situation, you can look back with a clear conscious knowing you were genuine. With that being said, BE GENUINE. Suprise your family and friends, remind them they are wanted and loved. There is nothing better than making someone feel wanted.

10)Goodwill. Get rid of my crap on a more regular basis.

11)Work on religion. I have a very good idea about what I believe but I definitely want to commit to my beliefs and be sure I do not waiver in what I believe. Be it God or nothing at all even.

12)Painting and cooking. Two hobbies that I don't do a whole lot, fairly decent at both, but the more I practice with it, the better and more comfortable I will become.

13)Had to make it to #13 because its my favorite number =) Journal or blog more regularly. I am deploying this year and it is so important to remember how these experiences change me.

Well. I am beat, its 5am and New Year's Eve was a pretty good success. Next year, I am getting really dolled up. Weather was too gross and we didn't go out, just had a house party. Next year, bar hopping or something. An excuse to dress up is ALWAYS welcome. I hope you all had a fantastic 2010, blessings in 2011!

1 comment:

  1. I like this look on things....cause new years resolutions are to easy to break and there is always need for inprovement in anything I think I am going to have to make a list of improvements....

    ReplyDelete