Visit Budget101.com


Sunday, January 23, 2011

Feels So Right


There's something really strange about Army life. You have no idea what day it is and you are just totally in your own world. Well, let me go back and add a disclaimer even though I know many will agree with me. TO ME, this is how Army feels. I've realized, for the most part, I'm a very "out of sight, out of mind" kind of person. If its not in frontof me, I have a hard time grasping the "theory" of things. I'm very logical, I think. Today is Sunday and while most people are recovering from their drunken weekends or families are going to church and preparing for the work week. Even though I hate the lack of planning, I LOVE not knowing what will happen. Because, you expect the worst and the good things come as a very pleasant surprise. Such as, no CQ! Haha, I'm not sure how I got out of it, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with my NCOIC/OIC. They're freaking awesome. Of course, days like yesterday when we don't get back until almost 10pm, it does kind of suck, but it is still really cool to be doing what I'm supposed to be doing,
being a solider.


Yesterday was really fun, cold and kind of boring, but all that waiting is ALMOST worth it to go and shoot our weapons. ESPECIALLY night fire! We were out until about 1400 then came back for a 4 hour break then back out at nightfall to do night fire. Trust me, there's nothing cooler in the Army than night fire. Anyways. I loved it. My battles make me laugh. I NEED to take more pictures though, I love photography and want more pics of all this. I have some videos I do need to upload.

I have a friend from college and she is currently in the same country we are going to so I REALLY hope I get to see her some! Just thought of that =)

Oh! I get do some some of my own job training this next week then we start our Command Training Exercise, which, I really enjoyed last time. Hopefully I get to meet this Fortier character soon, geesh. Haha. That is all, going to clean some and get ready for my language training.

No comments:

Post a Comment